Math in China

This blog is part of my project of a study of Math in China. I have been awarded a grant by a wonderful organization that do care about teachers. Fund for Teachers. An exploration of Chinese methodology in mathematics instruction is the title of my project. I will be attending a conference in Shanghai about Math Education, interviewing some teachers and also sitting in on classes. All that in China... so, a great experience.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Quoting Leo Tolstoy.

When I ask how failing classes in Philipines are, Mark, a man from NY working in Washington DC for the National Science Organization, says something very interestig to me:

"Ana Karenina begins: Every happy family is happy the same way, every unhappy family is unhappy their own way.... "

He adds: "is the same fot students that peform bad in school."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home